Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together butter and cream cheese until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, brown sugar and maple syrup until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in the dry ingredients. Spread batter into pan.
Bake 45-50 minutes, or until well risen and golden brown on top, and a wooden skewer inserted into bread comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
To make the Maple Glaze, beat together butter, confectioners' sugar, maple syrup and vanilla, in a medium bowl, until well combined and smooth. Baste glaze on top of bread.
Makes 1 loaf