Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup Skippy Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 ounces finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- Chopped salted peanuts/chopped chocolate, for topping (optional)
Sift the cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl; whisk in hot water. Using a mixer on medium speed, beat in peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until well combined and creamy. Sift in baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour, and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate until combined. Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 350 degrees f. Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls, place on cookie sheets, and press down with palms of hands to flatten. Sprinkle with chocolate chocolate and peanuts. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffy and set. Cool 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Makes about 16 big cookies