Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- 1/3 cup caramel syrup (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted nuts (peanuts, pecans, almonds, etc.)
- 1/3 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries (or more!)
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on high speed, beat together cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form; set aside.
In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt together chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon cream and corn syrup, stirring frequently until melted and smooth (about 1 minute).
Line ice cream sandwiches in an 8x8 baking dish, cutting sandwiches if necessary. Spread 1/3 of the whipped cream on top. Drizzle with half of the chocolate sauce and caramel sauce; sprinkle with half of the nuts. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches. Spread remaining whipped cream on top. Drizzle with remaining chocolate sauce and caramel sauce; sprinkle with remaining nuts. Sprinkle pineapple, cherries and banana on top. Cover and freeze until ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings