Pumpkin Chocolate Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 cups all purpose flour + 3 tablespoons (divided use)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + additional for topping
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner' sugar
- 3 tablespoons warm cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove; whisk until well combined. In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together pumpkin, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to low, and gradually beat in flour mixture, alternating with milk, until just combined. Divide batter into two mixing bowls. In one, mix in the additional 3 tablespoons flour. In the other bowl, mix in the cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
Drop spoonfuls of batter into prepared pan, alternating with pumpkin batter and chocolate batter. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until well risen, and a toothpick inserted into cake comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife around outer pan edges; invert cake onto a serving platter.
To make the glaze, in a medium bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla until creamy and well combined. Drizzle icing over cake. Make sure the cake is not too hot, or the icing will run off the cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Makes 8 servings